Thursday, March 1, 2012

C4K February Summary

Comments 4 Kids
C4K #1
My students name is Karla and she attends Noel Elementary School in Noel, MO. She is in Mr. Chamberlain's 6th grade class. Karla wrote a narrative story. I thought she did a great job telling her story. She showed many emotions and I thought for her grade level she did a good job.

I also watched Lauren's video.  I thought she did an incredible job.  What a great thing for a student so young to love so much.  I wish that I had the knowledge to be able to create videos like that.  It is so important for students to show their creativity through blogs, videos, or any other type.  Hopefully by the end of this class I will somewhat know how to make a video.

C4K #2
For my second post, my students name is Dixon.  He is a 4th grade student in Iowa.  Dixon is learning about Eurasia and he said he wants to live there.  I think it's great to keep the imagination of a child strong.  It would be great to live in an "Eurasia."

C4K #3
Jackson is a 4th grade student in Mrs. Garcia's class.  He is from Manitoba, Canada.  In his most recent blog post, he wrote about skyping with a class in New Orleans, LA.  The class told him all about the Mardi Gras celebration.  Jackson learned a lot about the traditions in Louisiana for Mardi Gras.  I told him that in Mobile, AL, we also celebrat Mardi Gras.  I think skyping is a wonderful way of learning for students.  Classrooms in Canada are able to chat with classrooms in Louisiana through video chats.  What a great way of learning!

C4K #4
For this student's blog, the teacher has chosen to keep the students' names anonymous.  He is in 5th grade and lives in Iowa.  I think this is a really good idea to keep the students' names anonymous especially if the students' parents are worried about their child's name being on the internet.  When I was a kid my mom was always worried about my sister and I going on the internet.  This student's post was a letter to a sporting goods company.  He broke his post into paragraphs and ended it with a conclusion that summarized his thoughts.  Students get excited to work on computers and when they can do their school work, like writing a paper, on a blog they will be more interested in writing it.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Erika,

    There were a few grammatical errors, but you seemed to summarize the posts well, although briefly. However, you also need to include what you said in your comment to those students. You didn't do that. Just be sure to proofread your posts for any errors and to include all of the requirements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bailey,

      I just looked at the Project #4 on the Project Instructions and this is what it says:

      "The first Sunday of every month you are
      required to post a summary of the comments you have left for kids the previous month."

      I just don't want to be marked down anything for what I did. I totally understand the grammatical errors, but that's exactly word for word what it says in the Project Instructions.

      Thanks!!
      Erika

      Delete
  2. I thought that we just had to summarize what we commented on in their blog and what they wrote about. That's why I just put a link where I commented on their post.

    Sorry for the confusion, now I know.

    ReplyDelete