Wednesday, April 18, 2012

C4K April Summary

C4K #1
New Zealand FlagGeorge is a 12 year old student from New Zealand.  In his post he wrote about his home country of New Zealand.  He included the islands that it is made up of and the population.  I don't know much about New Zealand so it was neat to learn some about it.  Sign Language was first made an official language in New Zealand, which I did not know before reading this post.  In my comment, I let George know that I was interested in learning about his country and I hope to visit there one day.  He also taught us some simple words in one of the main languages, Maori.  I look forward to keeping up with his blog.


C4K #2
This week I was given a new 4th grade student named Noah who is from Vermont.  In his post, he writes about his love for cats.  He inserted a very cute picture of a cat and even put a source to it.  I was amazing by his ability to insert pictures into his blog post since I just learned how to do this recently! In my comment, I praised him for this.  It is so great that these students are able to use this technology and that their teachers' encourage it.  I hope one day to be able to incorporate that into my classroom. 


C4K #3
Rainforest TreesThis week, Noah blogged about his concern about the trees being cut down in the rainforests.  He is worried about the animals that live there.  When the trees are cut down their shelters are taken away from them and they are dying.  In my comment, I let him know that I feel the same way about cutting down the trees in rainforests and in our own communities.  In my 8th grade class we raised money to help the rainforests and got the school involved by building a rainforest in the hallway at school.  I encouraged Noah to continue to blog and to fight for what he believes in.


C4K #4
In this weeks C4K, a student named Latu posted a video collage of photos from a trip to Butterfly Creek which is a butterfly garden.  It was fun to watch the video of the photos of the students in her class.  It looked like they all had a great time!  A video of pictures is a great way to remember a fun event like that.  In my comment, I expressed how much I liked the video and also that I love that there are so many different colors of butterflies.  I'm sure that the students saw many different types and colors of butterflies on their trip to Butterfly Creek.  

No comments:

Post a Comment