Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blog Assignment 12

For this weeks blog post we were asked to come up with our own assignment that deals with our area of specialty.  Since I am going to be a math teacher, I decided to obviously focus on math.  I remember back at the beginning of the semester when we used Google Docs to create a presentation which is a convenient way to create a presentation through the internet and it was free.  I found another place to create free presentations online, called Empressr.  On this website you can find other students presentations and create your own from scratch which you can share publicly or privately with a password.  You're able to embed audio, video, pictures, and much more into the presentation.  From playing around with it for awhile I found that it seemed that you were able to do more than with Google Docs.  So, if I were Dr. Strange, I would make it a requirement for students in EDM 310 to create a presentation that they could use in a classroom setting.  The students would need to create their presentation for the field they are planning to teach, whether it be math, science, history, special ed, elementary education, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Erika,

    I have never heard of Empressr. Seems pretty cool. Good job.

    ReplyDelete